- Creation, organization and administration of the Professional Association for Transport & Health (PATH)
- Conception, Development, Planning and Coordination of the International Conference on Transport and Health
- US Representative and Coordinating Entity of the International Transport & Health Study Group (THSG) - THSG believes that a healthy transport system would use active travel for shorter journeys, the train/cycle combination for longer journeys and high speed rail rather than air for international travel, but would also reduce travel by home working and meetings in cyberspace. This agenda has synergies with environmentally sustainable transport. For more information please visit http://www.transportandhealth.org.uk/
- Initiated and facilitated research collaboration between Texas A&M Transportation Institute and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Researched and authored a White Paper for the Texas Department of Transportation on behalf of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Division of Environment and Air quality entitled, "Sustainable Return on Investment: Integrating Health into the Transportation Planning Process."